"If you come to our office we will take the time to listen to your concerns, to provide efficient solutions, to educate you on the law and the legal process, and to work together as a team to protect your rights, those of your children, and to preserve your assets." - Carl Taylor
Carl Taylor is an experienced family law attorney with deep roots in Central New Jersey. Carl is the author of many published articles on the subject of divorce and family law as well as the book: Happily Even After: the Guide to Divorce in New Jersey. Carl and his team can assist you with your important family law and divorce issues.
Carl has been a Hunterdon County resident as well as a local practicing attorney for a decade. Carl opened the firm Carl Taylor Law, LLC in 2017 after serving as a partner at Cooper, Cottell, and Taylor in Somerset County. Prior to limiting his practice solely to family law, Carl formerly served as Deputy County Counsel for Somerset County (where he honed his litigation skills), as municipal prosecutor for ten separate towns in Hunterdon County and Somerset County (where he honed his negotiation skills), and as Township Attorney for East Amwell Township. In his public sector work Carl was successful on multiple appeals and appeared in both State and Federal Court.
Carl clerked during the 2009-2010 judicial term for the Honorable Anthony F. Picheca, Jr., J.S.C., in the Somerset County Family Division. Thereafter Carl served as an associate of a well-respected divorce firm in Skillman, New Jersey. Carl is a former Trustee of the Somerset County Bar Association and the Somerset County Bar Foundation.
Carl now limits his practice to Central New Jersey Divorce and Family Law matters. The firm has grown quickly since opening in 2017 and now features two attorneys, an office manager, and expectations of further growth in the near future. Carl believes in educating the public and his clients about their legal rights and providing solution based litigation and negotiation techniques to advance cases in an efficient manner. This website has a great deal of information including podcasts, videos, and articles to help you learn more about New Jersey divorce and family law. Our firm created a local scholarship for future lawyers (one award is made available to a graduating senior from each Hunterdon County high school) and is active in the community and generous with contributions to local non-profits assisting parents and children involved in divorce or other family law issues.
Carl and his wife reside in Hunterdon County, New Jersey with their two daughters and overzealous Rough Collie (think the opposite of Lassie!). In his shrinking free-time Carl enjoys learning instruments, writing, playing board games, and backpacking---having section-hiked approximately 400 miles of the Appalachian Trail including every mile of the trial that runs through New Jersey.
Carl has been named a Super Lawyers* “Rising Star” 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Carl is ranked as a 10.0 attorney by Avvo.** Carl Taylor Law, LLC has received 23 five-star reviews as of September 23, 2019.***
If you’re considering a New Jersey divorce or Family Law action contact our office to discuss your options. You can schedule an initial consultation by calling our office at 908-237-3096 or by scheduling your own divorce consultation online by clicking here.
- New Jersey (2009)
- United States District Court, Federal District of New Jersey (2009)
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals (2015)
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Saint Joseph’s University (B.A., 2006)
- Somerset County Bar Association (Trustee, 2013-2017, Co-Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division, 2010-2012; 2014, Member- Family Practice Committee);
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member – Government, Public Sector and Public Interests Lawyer Committee).
- Hunterdon County Bar Association (Member)
- Volunteers as Panelist for Somerset County Divorce Early Settlement Panel (“ESP Panel”)
- Happily Even After: the New Jersey Divorce Guide (Book, Published 2019). Book written for those facing a New Jersey Divorce so they can be informed about their rights and the law.
- Family Lawyer Magazine (web edition) – Civil Litigation Techniques in High-Conflict Divorces (Fall 2018)
- Family Lawyer Magazine (print edition)– FLM18Spring-Divorce-In-The-Age-Of-Bitcoin (Spring 2018 Edition)
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Impact of Personal Injury Awards on Various Family Law Agreements.” (2015) (for full article click New.Jersey.Law.Journal.the.Impact.of.Personal.Injury.Awards.on.Divorce.Agreements.10.18.2015
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Legal, Procedural & Practical Issues in Domestic Violence Cases Involving Former Family Members” (2014)
- New Jersey Law Journal – (quoted) Exception Found to Law Requiring Palimony Pacts to be in Writing (2013)
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Navigating Palimony Law in 2013” (2013) (for full article click on carl.taylor.palimony.article.new.jersey.law.journal.3.1.13)
- Carl Taylor Law – Future Lawyer Scholarship
* No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. To learn more about the Super Lawyers selection process, click here.
** No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. To learn more about Avvo and its rating system, click here.
*** There is no guarantee that reviews for former or current clients will be the same results you enjoy in your case as there can be no guaranteed results.