Carl A. Taylor III is an experienced attorney with deep roots in Central New Jersey. Carl can assist you with your important family and divorce issues. Carl limits his practice to courts in Hunterdon County, Somerset County and Central New Jersey.
In divorce and family law matters, Carl can assist you in a wide range of complex and traditional family court matters such as working to preserve your assets during a divorce, the handling of domestic violence trials, litigating disputed custody, litigating alimony and child support issues, post-judgment motion practice, appeals, and the drafting of prenuptial agreements.
Carl will work aggressively to design and implement effective legal strategy for your specific case. You will be advised of a realistic range of outcomes and the cost/benefit of pursuing such outcomes.
The hallmark of the firm is an emphasis on strong attorney-client communications to help ensure strong results. Carl welcomes feedback as every case is unique and the ultimate goals of each client are likewise unique.
Carl clerked for Judge Picheca, J.S.C., of the Somerset County Superior Court, Family Division in the 2009-2010 term and has actively engaged in the representation of clients in all family law and divorce matters since that time.
Carl has been quoted in the New Jersey Law Journal on the subject of changes to palimony law and has been published multiple times in the New Jersey Law Journal and other publications on the subject of family law. To learn more about the divorce process access Carl’s complimentary New Jersey Divorce Process Guide, click here: http://www.mynjdivorcelawyer.com/?p=384.
Carl resides locally in Flemington, Hunterdon County with his wife, two daughters, and an overzealous rough collie. Carl is active in the community. In Carl’s rare downtime he enjoys reading presidential biographies and hiking and backpacking, having section hiked over three hundred miles of the Appalachian Trail and every mile of the “A.T.” in New Jersey.
Carl has been named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.* Carl is ranked as a 10.0 attorney by Avvo.**
[Note: If you wish to schedule an initial consultation with my firm, I welcome the opportunity to meet with you. Simply call 908-237-3096, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click this link to schedule your own divorce consult online.
Disclaimers: The website is considered attorney advertising that has not been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. This website is owned/operated by Carl Taylor Law, LLC and is specific to Carl Taylor Law, LLC’s family law practice. Carl Taylor Law’s primary website is www.carltaylorlaw.com. Carl also maintains a local government law website/blog at www.njgovernmentlaw.com. The information contained on this website or blog are for informational and advertising purposes and do not constitute legal advice, which must be based on the specific facts of your case. No attorney-client privilege is created until you formally retain this firm. *The “Super Lawyers” list by Thomson Reuters selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. To learn more about the Super Lawyers selection process, please click here.
Your New Jersey Divorce Lawyer:
If you’re considering a New Jersey divorce or Family Law action contact me to discuss your options. You can schedule an initial consultation by calling my office at 908-237-3096 or by scheduling your own divorce consultation online by clicking here.
**The Avvo rating (between 1 and 10) is based on a mathematical formula developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. The model takes into account information the lawyer has included on his or her profile, including experience, publications, and awards, in addition to information collected by Avvo from public sources like state bar associations and lawyer websites. Any information that affects the Avvo Rating is visible in an attorney’s profile. There is no bias, and the rating cannot be bought. To learn more about the Avvo rating process, please click here.
***There are no guarantee of results as every case is different and the above is merely a sample of more interesting matters Carl has been involved in.
- New Jersey (2009)
- Pennsylvania (2009 – currently inactive)
- United States District Court, Federal District of New Jersey (2009)
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals (2015)
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Saint Joseph’s University (B.A., 2006)
- Somerset County Bar Association (Trustee, 2013-2017, Co-Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division, 2010-2012; 2014, Member- Family Practice Committee);
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member – Government, Public Sector and Public Interests Lawyer Committee).
- Hunterdon County Bar Association (Member)
- Volunteers as Panelist for Somerset County Divorce Early Settlement Panel (“ESP Panel”)
- Trustee, Board of Non-Profit Volunteer Guardianship One on One (Flemington).
- Family Lawyer Magazine – FLM18Spring-Divorce-In-The-Age-Of-Bitcoin (Spring 2018 Edition)
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Impact of Personal Injury Awards on Various Family Law Agreements.” (2015) (for full article click New.Jersey.Law.Journal.the.Impact.of.Personal.Injury.Awards.on.Divorce.Agreements.10.18.2015
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Legal, Procedural & Practical Issues in Domestic Violence Cases Involving Former Family Members” (2014)
- New Jersey Law Journal – (quoted) Exception Found to Law Requiring Palimony Pacts to be in Writing (2013)
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Navigating Palimony Law in 2013” (2013) (for full article click on carl.taylor.palimony.article.new.jersey.law.journal.3.1.13)
- Carl Taylor Law – Future Lawyer Scholarship