“A client is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.” -Mahatma Gandhi, Civil Rights Champion and Barrister.
Dear Prospective Client,
Communication is the hallmark of the Attorney-Client relationship–a relationship that should be held sacred. I created Carl Taylor Law, LLC to provide both strong legal representation and client service. My divorce and family law clients may rest easy knowing that the following unique attorney-client procedures are implemented:
1. I will endeavor to return all of your emails or telephone calls the same-day. I will also endeavor to communicate with you in the venue you desire. If you prefer face-to-face communications then we can meet meet at my office. If you prefer emails then we can utilize emails. If you want me to learn how to set up Skype and communicate via Skype then let me know. Provided we can ensure attorney-client privilege I will work with you.
2. I will commence work immediately on your case after being retained.
3. I will move your case forward aggressively and based upon the goals and objectives that you set, provided that they are appropriate and legal. However, I will advise you when I believe you are not taking appropriate positions.
4. I will provide you with materials to help educate and inform you about the process.
5. I will not “nickel and dime” you. I will not charge you for faxes, the cost of making a telephone call, or other such minor expenses. My goal is to provide greater cost-certainty to you. Each month I will send you an invoice and encourage you to advise me of any questions regarding the costs associated with representation. Divorces and family law matters can be expensive and it’s important we’re on the same page regarding projected costs and fees.
6. I encourage you to bring any issues to my attention immediately so I can continue to improve my services. I will regularly seek feedback to make sure you are satisfied with how your case is proceeding. Everyone has different goals and I will ensure you’re aware of the range of options available.
7. I will be honest about expectations. This protects both of our credibility in the process and does not waste fees on spurious or even bad-faith tactics or pursuits.
8. At all times I will seek to implement time and cost-saving technology for the benefit of my clients.
9. I admit I am not the perfect fit for every prospective client. Truthfully, not every prospective client is the perfect fit for me. If I take on your case we will be working closely together. I only have so much time and can only take so many clients. You can generally only choose one divorce attorney (at a time). Both of our lives are better if we determine we would, for whatever reason, not be a great match from the start. I will be honest with you if I sense potential issues and will turn down the case. Please don’t be offended if this occurs, just as I’m not offended when I am not chosen by prospective clients.
I look forward to working with you and providing client-centric service to aggressively obtain your desired legal goals.
Your New Jersey Divorce Lawyer:
If you’re considering a New Jersey divorce or Family Law action contact me to discuss your options. You can schedule an initial consultation by calling my office at 908-237-3096 or by scheduling your own divorce consultation online by clicking here.